Are you a DIY person? If so, you must have a lot of tools which you use for all of your projects.
Isn’t it frustrating if you cannot find the device that you need at a particular time? What’s the best way to resolve it? Organize or put all your tools in one bag.
As part of that storage solution, we will be checking out a reliable and functional tool bag which will help you keep all your things in one place. We will look at one of the tool bags from the Gatemouth Series of Bucket Boss.
Bucket Boss Gatemouth 24 Tool Bag
More than 30 years ago, two men thought of carrying their tools in a bucket for easier access while on the job. It was in 1987 when they created an organizer out of canvas material, which they wrapped around the bucket. That was the beginning of Bucket Boss.
The Gatemouth Series of Bucket Boss began in 1994, which gave way to the rising of the soft-sided bags. Through the years, Bucket Boss continues to create durable products that help in organizing and holding tools efficiently. As of this time, Bucket Boss has more than 100 products which bear their trademark of being functional and long-lasting.
A tool bag is a handyman’s best friend, as they rely on it to safeguard their tools while they are working on something or somewhere. They want everything to be within reach and well-organized, and those are the things that came into the minds of Bucket Boss’ founders; to help workers like them in carrying their tools more efficiently.
With that in mind, we will be checking out Gatemouth 24, which is equipped with a lot of features. That way, we can determine if it’s suited for you or not.
As part of the Gatemouth Series Bags, this one is wide enough to hold all your devices, including a Sawzall and a two-foot level. You can open the zipper without losing the bag’s shape, so you can quickly get anything inside. Some of its other qualities include:
- Construction and design: Coming in at an approximate weight of 0.16 ounces and size of 24 x 10 x 10 inches, this brown bag is made using a double wall of water-resistant 600D ripstop poly fabric. As such, there’s no fear of damaging your devices which are stored inside. The bag also has a strong binding and a hard shell padded bottom for durability.
- Capacity: The bag has 36 pockets where you can safely store your tools in an organized manner, making it very functional. The bag can carry a load of up to 25 pounds and has a 20 liters storage space.
- Convenience: This tool bag is easy to transport anywhere, even with tools inside because of its sturdy top handles. A side handle has also been installed for you to pull it near your workspace easily. It also has a padded shoulder strap which you can either remove or adjust to your liking.
- Security: The main compartment of the bag has heavy-duty, over-sized, industrial-type metal zippers that glide smoothly even with constant use. The outside pockets have Velcro for security and easy access.
- Durable and water-resistant
- Organized and secure
- Can carry lots of tools
- Easy to carry and move around
- Maintains shape when opened
- One-year limited warranty
- The shoulder strap is not sturdy to hold the weight
- No locking feature
The Bucket Boss Gatemouth 24 Tool Bag is spacious and compartmentalized to fit all your tools inside in an organized manner. It is built with a water-resistant ripstop poly fabric to ensure that elements of nature will not damage your things.
It uses heavy-duty zippers that glide smoothly when you open and close it, as well as Velcro for better accessibility of your tools. Additionally, the bag opens widely and maintains its shape for your convenience.
The padded bottom and double walled lining add to the bag’s durability, while the carry handles are bound firmly to be able to hold the weight of up to 25 pounds. Although it has an adjustable and removable strap, it might snap off when the bag is full or a little heavy. Nonetheless, it also has a side strap for easy pulling of the bag.
Comparison with Another Product
We will be checking another item that closely resembles the Bucket Boss Gatemouth 24 Tool Bag. Let’s look at their differences and their similarities.
In this way, you will have more options to choose from and will help you in determining which one suits your needs and wants more.
TACTIX Gate Mouth Tool Bag
The product we will compare our original item with is a 20-inch tool bag from Tactix. This bag’s main compartment is also spacious to fit all your tools.
It has 18 pockets in total, as compared to the 36 pockets of Bucket Boss, so you have a separate compartment for individual items. The heavy-duty zippers can be opened wide for you to get your things inside without trouble, and then close it again to secure your tools.
The bag is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The handles, though, do not loop under the bag, which might cause an issue when loaded with heavy things.
Also, although it has a padded base, it is not hard-shelled and fitted with six rubber pads underneath. It is also heavier and has a smaller length than the Bucket Boss bag. Nonetheless, it looks good with its black and orange color combination, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
After checking two different tool bags, including their differences and similarities, we can safely say that the Gatemouth 24 Tool Bag from Bucket Boss will be the better option.
One reason is the size since there are huge tools that need huge storage space to fit in. Also, with the Gatemouth 24’s multiple pockets both inside and outside, you will find a lot of compartments for every item you need for the job.
You also don’t have to worry about the bag sagging when filled with heavy tools because the bottom is reinforced and padded. The handles are also bound firmly to ensure that it can carry the weight of up to 25 pounds without breaking.
With all of the features we have discussed, you can be sure that this tool bag from Bucket Boss can withstand all the wear and tear of constant use.