What to Look For When Shopping for a Tool Bag
A tool bag is a basic necessity for both professional trade workers and amateur handymen and women. It helps to clean up and organize tools, so all homes should have at least one tool bag, even just for storing the most basic of tools.
What components and factors should you consider when searching for the best tool bag on the market? If you’ve asked yourself that question, you’re not alone. Many people who have never bought a tool bag before are unsure of what to look for. To help your search, here are a few things that make a good and handy tool bag:
A lot of old-school repairmen will always suggest a tool box over a tool bag because it is what they are used to. However, modern homeowners are looking for ways to save space and lessen household clutter.
A tool bag occupies less space and is more compact in nature. Plus, tool bags vary in sizes from small to extra-large giving you the freedom to choose the right size. When the day comes when you no longer want to use a tool bag, it can easily fold up and be stored away quickly.
Are you planning to add to your current tool collection? If you fancy adding new tools to the ones you already have, a tool bag can hold more tools than the typical tool box. Since most bags are made with heavy-duty fabrics they can easily accommodate more tools.
Working in high-risk areas might expose your toolkit to the potential of damage. Tool bags are made with fabric that does not break when dropped and other bags even have a reinforced bottom for added protection. Look for a bag made with high-quality polyester to ensure that is sturdy, durable, and can withstand constant weathering.
Tool bags are perfect for organizing tools of different sizes. Most bags come with an assortment of pockets in varying sizes to accommodate every type of tool you own. The main compartment can even store a power tool with its battery if you choose the right size.
Full tool bags can get heavy and hard to carry. This means you should pay attention to the type of handle attached to the bag. A padded handle with reinforced stitching will allow you to carry the weight of your tools without putting too much pressure on your hand.
Consider the Type of Tool Bag
Another factor that will influence your choice of tool bag is the type. There are two common types of tool bags that you can easily find plus a less common type that is better suited for professional use. Find out more about these types so that you can make a better choice.
Handheld Tool Bags
These are the most common type of soft storage option. As the classification suggests it is a tool bag that is similar to a toolbox as it relies on a handle for mobility.
In general, tool bags are the most basic type and they are also the cheapest option. They might not be the best for trade workers who use a wide variety of tools as too much weight and pressure on the carrying hand can result in pain and injuries in the future.
Your typical tool bag also has some storing problems with long tools as it does not have enough space to safely and securely keep long tools in place. Most end up in the main compartment which makes it harder to keep things organized.
Backpack Tool Bag
The backpack type is also a big favorite among handymen and women and trade professionals who need to carry around tools constantly. The backpack is usually made with the same materials as the traditional tool bag, but the carrying method is different. A backpack is carried on the back which can take more weight and distribute it evenly which allows users to bring more tools with them.
A backpack can also carry longer tools without compromising the organization of the main compartment as it has enough standing room in its individual pockets for long tools like screwdrivers.
Specialized Tool Bags
These are rare and are usually very expensive. This type of tool bag is usually very bulky and has wheels attached to the bottom. This allows tradespeople to bring all their tools in one go without carrying any weight at all. This type of tool bag is best for professionals who are willing to invest in a special tool bag.
Now that you know a bit about what makes a great tool bag, what the different types are and what they offer potential users like yourself, here are some suggested 5 Amazing Tool Bags to Check Out worth checking out.
Stanley 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool Bag
A set of tools that are left unorganized or cluttered in the home might result in accidents that can easily be avoided. Anyone who works with tools knows the importance of efficient storage and keeping track of every piece you own. When they are not stored properly you tend to lose track of your tools and end up spending more on replacements only to find the original tool after purchasing a new one.
To help you keep everything in its place and organized, investing in a tool bag like the Stanley 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool Bag is a smart idea. This short product review will cover the different features, pros and the cons that come with investing in a handy tool bag like this one.
- Adjustable straps
- Contents are easily accessed
- Stores and carries small and medium hand tools
- Cotton-padded handles
- Rubberized foam bottom for durability
- Keeps tools safe during hard falls
- Outer mesh pockets for accessories and other personal items
- Made of polyester and polypropylene
- Offers a limited lifetime warranty
- Durable and reliable tool bag
- Made by a trusted tool brand
- Uses strong material for support and sturdiness
- Reinforced bottom prevents accidental tearing
- Handles allow weight distribution
- Functional interior and exterior design
- Organizes tools
- Outer pockets serve as extra storage space
- Very affordable
- Space-saving and compact
- Flattens nicely when empty
- Easy to spot in the dark due to exterior reflective lining
- Smaller compared to other tool bags
- No room for power tools
- Best for basic tools only
- Not suited for professional use
- Zippers are prone to breaking
- Does not respond well to over-packing
The Stanley 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool Bag is one of the best basic tool bags for a hobbyist or a part-time repair man. It is affordable, durable, and reliable. It is everything you would want in a simple tool bag.
Custom Leathercraft Carpenter’s Tool Backpack
Tools that are not stored and organized properly can be a time-consuming hassle. Working in a field that requires the use of different tools means you should know how to expertly handle and organize your tools. If not, you will end up wasting a lot of time digging around in a tool box or fumbling around to locate the right tool to finish the job. Being prepared and staying organized increases your productivity.
Having a tool backpack like the Custom Leathercraft Carpenter’s Tool Backpack packed and ready allows workers to finish a job efficiently. Learn more about this product’s features and the advantages it can offer tradespeople like yourself in this short review.
- 2 main zipper enclosures
- Compartment for tools
- Compartment for storing a cordless drill with its battery
- Adjustable compartments accommodate bulky tools
- Padded back and shoulder straps offer optimum back support
- Adjustable chest strap offers increased comfort
- Carrying handles on top
- Exterior pockets for small tools and other accessories
- 41 interior pockets and 7 exterior pockets
- Very sturdy
- Easy to carry
- Evenly distributes weight of tools
- Eases pressure on the arms
- Hands-free tool carrying
- 48 differently sized pockets
- Ample tool storage space
- Stays organized even when full
- Amazing back and shoulder support
- Essentials are easy to reach from the exterior pockets
- Innovative and durable
- Fairly priced
- Withstands a lot of wear and tear
- Strong zippers
- Does not hold well against over packing
- Zippers break when over packed
- Plastic bottom digs at back
- Straps do not ease pressure on back even when adjusted
- Does not fit all users the same way
- Not suited for people with back problems
When you want to carry all your tools efficiently and still have your hands free at all times the Custom Leathercraft Carpenter’s Tool Backpack is the backpack for you. Give it a try and you will agree that it is worth every penny!
Internet’s Best Soft Sided Tool Bag
Storing and organizing hand tools allows you to work smartly and efficiently. Keeping all of your tools together inside one bag makes it easier to track them and stop you from making unnecessary trips back and forth just looking for that one tool you need. It also helps you save money because you can always keep track of where your tools are stored and located at all times.
Digging around in a bag of tools can be very dangerous, especially when you do it bare-handed. You can avoid all these small issues and work more efficiently when you have the right tool bag to help you stay organized.
A great way to store and organize tools is by using a tool bag like the Internet’s Best Soft Sided Tool Bag. It gives you quick and easy access to everything you need and makes working with tools safer. Learn more about this product, its pros and cons in this short review.
- Uses a 600D fabric for durability
- Withstands intense weathering
- Waterproof, sturdy and rigid base
- Wide mouth to accommodate large tools
- Easy to access tools at the bottom
- Multiple pockets and 1 main compartment
- Accommodates small and medium-sized tools
- Soft fabric handles
- Padded shoulder straps
- Perfect for carrying and storing tools
- Waterproof bottom protects tools from wet surfaces
- Reduced chance of water damage to battery-operated tools
- Ample tool storage capability
- Extra space for accessories
- Attractive exterior colors
- Easy to spot from a distance
- Padded shoulder straps allow for comfortable long-distance carrying
- Handy and very portable
- Organizes tools of all sizes in a breeze
- Closes smoothly
- Very affordable
- Shallow pockets
- Does not accommodate long tools well
- Filling pockets doesn’t leave any room in the main compartment
- No room for large power tools
- Only suitable for small to medium-sized hand tools
The Internet’s Best Soft Sided Tool Bag is a heavy-duty tool bag with a waterproof bottom that is very affordable and can change the way you organize and carry your work tools.
WorkPro 156-Piece Home Repairing Tool Set
As a responsible homeowner you should make it part of your duties to do some minor repairs yourself. You shouldn’t run to a professional to help you with every small inconvenience that you can easily fix. This is why it is necessary for a homeowner to have even just the most basic of toolkits ready at home.
Sometimes it can be daunting to buy each tool one by one as it can get expensive and you might not even know which tools to buy.
A great solution to this problem is the WorkPro 156-Piece Home Repairing Tool Set. This review will give you insight on the different features, the pros, and the cons of purchasing this for your home.
- Basic kit with 156 pieces
- Easy and flexible storage solution
- Comes with a roomy and durable bag made of nylon
- Ultimate all-in-one bag for home repairs and DIY projects
- Bag contains: hammer, level, utility knife, nut drivers, pliers, different screwdrivers, mini saw, tape measure, cables, wrenches and more
- Perfect for amateur DIY repairers
- Contains all the basic tools you need
- Great first toolkit
- Amazingly affordable price
- Comes with its own bag for easy storage
- Handy and reliable for small home repair jobs
- Saves money on repairman bills
- Easy to access tools through large opening
- Tools in the set are good quality
- Ample room for storing more tools
- Easily carries and stores all 156 tools in the kit
- Only suitable for home use
- Does not meet professional standards
- Limited to small and easy home repairs
- Does not have pockets for tool organization
- Tools in the main compartment easily get damaged
As a basic repair kit and tool bag the WorkPro 156-Piece Home Repairing Tool Set will not disappoint. It is affordable and reliable enough that every home should have this tool kit just in case some small repairs need to be done.
Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Backpack
A typical handheld tool bag does the job of keeping all your tools organized and in one place. The biggest problem with accumulating a lot of tools is carrying them around with just one hand. The weight of more than a few tools inside a bag can take its toll on the arm and may even result in serious injury if done continuously over time.
A solution that allows tradespeople to carry all their tools without risking injury or straining the arm is a tool backpack like the Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Backpack. Learn more about what this innovative product offers potential users like you here.
- Uses 1680D Ballistic weave for added durability
- 39 pockets in total
- Stores and organizes tools of different sizes
- Front zipper pockets perfect for small parts and tools
- Interior pocket easily stores screwdrivers
- Fully molded bottom for added protection
- Hard-molded front pockets protect fragile items
- Trusted, high-quality and reliable brand
- Uses high-quality polyester as main backpack material
- Highly recommended tool backpack
- Withstands strain and weight of tools
- Distributes tool weight efficiently
- Allows user to carry tools easily
- Well made and reliable
- Perfectly balances price, quality, size and functionality
- Resists wear and tear
- Pockets allow optimum tool organization
- Specialized pockets easily fit long tools
- Doubles as a laptop bag for technicians
- Padded exterior pocket protects fragile items
- Performs well in different trades
- Does not hold up well against over-packing; has a tendency to rip when over-packed
- Too much weight can damage backpack straps
- Zipper teeth lose locking ability easily
- Putting too much weight on the backpack can cause severe injuries
The Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Backpack is a pricey tool backpack that comes with a long list of perks. This is a top contender when looking for the best tool bag and its quality and functionality will back up that claim.
When it comes to determining what the best tool bag is, you must first determine the uses and the amount of tools you have or plan on collecting. Although all tool bags have the same function, to keep all your tools organized inside one bag, not all of them will meet your expectations.
Consider your line of work, the number of tools you use and the type of tools you own to help you choose a tool bag that will serve its purpose and keep you happy for a long time.